The Mission of the Stone Canyon Community Foundation (SCCF) is to support organizations whose endeavors help achieve educational success and positively impact the quality of life and development of “youth in need” in Oro Valley and the greater Tucson, Arizona area.
OUR FUNDAMENTAL STRATEGIES
- The Foundation is a partnership among the residents and members of Stone Canyon and the Stone Canyon Club. Its purpose is to provide a vehicle through which residents and members of Stone Canyon and the Club can contribute to the well being of the Oro Valley and Tucson communities. The partnership is defined by sharing in the development of a sustainable foundation including generating charitable dollars, developing an efficient operation, making grants and maintaining ongoing communication.
- The Foundation is a donor advised fund of the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona (CFSAZ). We utilize the CFSAZ for administrative support, investment of funds and grant making advice.
- The Foundation focuses on programs that help young people get and stay on track by taking advantage of educational and other opportunities for their self-improvement and development.
- The Foundation’s resources are primarily directed toward program-oriented projects, not capital funding projects, and may take the form of multi-year commitments.
- The Foundation seeks to respond to new and existing grant requests in a way that provides meaningful support, but does not make the requesting organization or project primarily dependent upon the Foundation’s funding.
- The Foundation attempts to maximize the potential of new or existing projects by exploring ways to expand or enhance them.
- The Foundation selects quality leadership for the Board of Directors and supporting Committees from among the residents and members of Stone Canyon. Board membership consists of no more than fifteen and no less than 7 members including at least one representative from the Stone Canyon Club.
- The Board serves as the primary grant making authority and makes decisions concerning areas of giving and specific agencies to be awarded grants.
- The Foundation encourages broad participation of residents and members through financial support, fund-raising activities, and volunteer work directly with grant recipients.