2018 Grant Recipients
KIDS ANIMALS LIFE AND DREAMS
4th Year Grant – $4,000
Agency Background: KALD’S mission is to build mentoring relationships with children and youth in foster care, create self-discovery activities, initiate volunteer opportunities, and help them develop their potential and prepare for a successful future.
Focus of 2018 Grant: Dreams in Motion, Youth Volunteer Program The mission of the program is to build mentoring relationships with youth in foster care, create self-discovery activities, initiate volunteer opportunities, and help youth develop their work and life skills to prepare for a successful future.
Measurable Results: Records of teens are kept and documented:
- The number of teens referred to us each year.
- The number of hours each teen completes each month and what tasks they perform.
- Each teen completes 16 hours each month, a form is submitted to their AYAP case manager, who in turn submits a request for the $50.00 incentive.
- KALD monitors who supervises teens volunteering for other not-profits and their hours.
- KALD tracks the number of children in foster care and respite care that visit the new animal program location for recreational animal interaction.
Case managers have continually praised the Dreams in Motion program, because it is beneficial and they continue to refer teens each year.
Contact: Frank Hand, Executive Director Frank.email@example.com