2018 Grant Recipients
6th Year Grant-$5,000
Agency Background: Established in 1957, Jr. Achievement educates and inspires young people to value free enterprise and understand business and economics. To improve the quality of their lives, Jr. Achievement develops:
- Financial literacy
- Work readiness
Focus of 2018 Grant: JA You’re Hired at Pueblo Magnet High School
Students attend the “JA You’re Hired Challenge” events held annually in Tucson and Phoenix. The event engages students in workshops and competitive sessions on networking, interviewing, leadership, ethics and more. Participating Jrs. and Srs. are eligible to apply for summer internships. This program teaches critical skills including interviewing techniques, resume writing, conflict resolution, problem solving and workplace communication which will help students succeed in both the workforce and college application.
Measurable Results: JA uses teacher and volunteer evaluations, as well as pre and post testing to measure the success of its programs. In addition, JA USA invests in independent evaluations of the program’s effectiveness. Results to date show that JA students:
- Are more goal-oriented and more likely to graduate from high school.
- Have better school attendance.
- Are more likely to continue on to college.
- Understand business and economics better that their non-JA peers.
- Have a higher quality of life. Teachers have a high praise for their programs, rating JA 9.4 on a 10-point scale.
Teachers have high praise for JA programs, rating JA 9.4 on a 10 point scale.
Contact: Chuck Azepfel, District Director email@example.com