2017 Grant Recipients
JUNIOR ACHEVEMENT-5th Year Grant-5,000
Agency Background: Established in 1957, Jr. Achievement educates and inspires young people to value free enterprise and understand business and economics. To improve the quality of their lives, Jr. Achievement develops:
- The desire in young people to value education and stay in school
- Positive attitudes in young people toward work
- Business and education partnerships that create a bridge between the classroom and workplace
Focus of 2017 Grant:
- Students participate in a volunteer and teacher-led classroom curriculum designed to build career readiness and skills valued in the global job market.
- Students attend the “JA You’re Hired Challenge” events held annually in Tucson and Phoenix. The event engages students in workshops and competitive sessions on networking, internships.
- 93% of JA Alumni graduated high school or have a GED.
- 42% of JA Alumni have a four-year degree.
- 20% of JA Alumni have an advanced degree
Contact: Chuck Azepfel, District Director email@example.com