2016 Grant Recipients
UNITED WAY CRADLE TO CAREER – 1ST YEAR Funding-$25,000
Agency Background: Cradle to Career is a partnership that believes in setting higher expectations to improve educational and life outcomes for the more that 300,000 young people living in Pima County. The partnership brings together resources, leadership and innovation and is focused on data-driven action to improve performance and the scaling of effective practice by aligning resources that work.
Focus of the 2016 Grant: To prepare every child for success in school and life ensuring the economic vitality of our community.
- Within one year, maintain engagement from all four current traditional public school districts and Pima JTED (Joint Technical Education District).
- Raise $250,000 in one year, separate from grants UW already has obtained.
- Produce first Community Impact Report Card by Feb. 2017.
- Change Network as well as the Community Schools Initiative will have a least two Continuous Improvement projects underway that regularly share data.
- Within on year C2C will have identified at least two strategies shown to be effective at reducing chronic absenteeism, disciplinary action, or increasing math achievement in the 9th-12th
- Within two years, C2C will have launched a third fully operating Change Network.
Contact: LaVonne Douville,Chief Impact Officer firstname.lastname@example.org