2016 Grant Recipients
SOLD NO MORE-2nd Year Funding-$10,000
Agency Background: The Sold No More mission is to help keep children and youth in So. AZ from being sexually exploited/sex trafficked and to rescue those who are being exploited. Our prevention education is doing far more than providing information. It is leading to the identification and rescue of abused and exploited children.
Focus of the 2016 Grant: Predator Protection Education (formerly AWARE) – To empower youth to protect themselves and take control of their own lives, including the culture of their schools., since parents and teachers are mostly unaware of the internet and social media lives of their students and children.
- An additional 10 schools and 8,000 students served
- More victims of child sex trafficking surfacing
- An increase in the number of abusers, perpetrators, who are arrested
- A decrease in criminal cases of sexting and bullying by youth.
Pre and post classroom assessments demonstrate that:
- 85% of the students will report a stronger understanding of what sex trafficking is and the strategies they need to protect themselves.
- 85% will report that the tool greatly increases their ability to identify victims or youth at risk of sex trafficking.
Contact: Jerry Peyton, Executive Director Jerry.Peyton@SoldNoMore.org