2016 Grant Recipients
SAN MIGUEL HIGH SCHOOL-4th Year Funding-$15,000
Agency Background: San Miguel is a private, Catholic High School that provides a quality college and career preparatory education to students from families of limited financial means. Established in 2004, San Miguel is part of the Cristo Rey Network, which employs a work-study model. This corporate internship program allows students to work five days a month at entry-level positions in a variety of professional and non-profit fields throughout their 4 years of high school. The wages the students earn pay for approximately 60% of their tuition.
Focus of the 2016 Grant: College Counseling Program The college counseling program works with the entire student population over their four year enrollment and averages $69,880 yearly in operating expenses, including salary and benefits for applicable staff member. The typical costs to the college counseling program outside of staff salary are travel, food or other event costs, membership fees, standardized tests and software subscription.
- 437 college applications submitted by class of 2016, 100 have already been accepted
- 40 college recruiter visits this year
- $195,062 in college scholarship offers so far this year
- $780,248 current 4 year college scholarship potential
- 84 juniors took the PSAT exam. And 187 freshmen and sophomores took ACT ASPIRE exam in fall, 2015
Contact: Nicola Hartmann, Dir of Advancement email@example.com